The Bargain Queen has moved!

Visit us at www.thebargainqueen.com

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Your best-ever bargains, part three!

For this week's Carnivale of Couture, The Bargain Queen asked...
What is your best-ever bargain? Where did you find it, how much was it and why is it your favourite?
...and the response has been phenomenal!

Here's some more amazing bargains the Carnivale's readers have found:

Ms_Moron makes a much smarter observation than her name would imply: she says her best bargain isn't her £5.50 Burberry trenchcoat £25 Marc Jacobs 60's style flats because she rarely wears them. (Good point!) Want to find out what beats these? Follow the link above!

Girl Detective found her wedding dress for $160, and it sounds stunning. Can't wait to see those photos!

Anonymous said…

My first great bargain was a Burberry classic trenchcoat, with wool lining and collar attachments, obtained from a thrift store in Hampton, Virginia, for fifty dollars. It was in mint condition and worth at least $900.00.

My second bargain was a Brooks Brothers green cotton twill -not poplin- three-piece suit which I purchased for about eleven dollars, also at a Hampton thrift store. The suit would have an approximate value of at least $300.00.

And La BellaDonna said…

I have made some funderful scores, but in terms of Biggest Bargain, I would have to say it was a pretty patchwork mink coat, in good condition and my size, which cost me $2.00. Yes, that is two of the American dollars. It is currently barricaded in storage, so I'm not certain if it still fits, of course...

Another great bargain was The Coat From Hell, which I made myself, from chunks of fabulous wool broadcloth laboriously matched at a pound sale, at probably $2-3 per yard, and two chunks of almost matching sunbak satin lining. I probably spent under $50 to make a wonderful coat which has held up for 17 years in craptastic weather.

If you've missed the fun so far, check out part one and part two of the best-ever bargains. There are some amazing finds there!


Filed in:

  Want more? Visit The Bargain Queen's new site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  Want more? Visit The Bargain Queen's new site.